Gov. Daugaard Awards Eight Community Development Block Grants
Friday, January 6, 2017
PIERRE, S.D. – Gov. Dennis Daugaard awarded more than $2.9 million in Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds to eight projects throughout South Dakota. The money, awarded to Bowdle, Bristol, Huron, Parkston, South Shore, Watertown, Webster and Winner, will assist with projects totaling nearly $13 million.
“Quality of life is of the utmost importance, and in South Dakota we’re fortunate to have so many community-minded leaders who are committed to improving their towns and cities,” said Gov. Dennis Daugaard. “In 2016, more than $6.3 million in CDBG funds were awarded to community projects and I hope we can continue that trend in 2017.”
The CDBG awards include the following:
• The city of Bowdle will use a $149,080 grant to make improvements to the city’s water and wastewater infrastructure.
• The city of Bristol was approved for a $285,750 grant to make improvements to the city’s wastewater treatment facility.
• The city of Huron was approved for a $352,930 grant to make improvements to the city’s wastewater system.
• The city of Parkston will use a $309,000 grant to assist with construction of a new fire hall.
• The town of South Shore was approved for a $412,000 grant to assist the community’s water distribution system project.
• The city of Watertown will use a $412,000 grant to assist with renovations at the local Boys and Girls Club.
• The city of Webster was approved for a $309,000 grant to assist with renovation and expansion of its fire hall.
• The city of Winner will use a $765,000 grant to make improvements to its wastewater, storm sewer and water systems infrastructure.
The CDBG program provides local governments with funding to complete projects that improve living conditions. The CDBG program is funded through the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development and administered by the Governor’s Office of Economic Development.
For more information about the CDBG program and other financing programs offered through the GOED, please visit sdreadytowork.com/CDBG.